frontpage hit counter

Friday, June 09, 2006

nachste sarah jessica parker

While doing the research for my last post I found this German article.

I can't read this but the juxtaposition of the images and "rülpsenden, stinkenden Monsters", and Sarah Jessica Parker in the same sentence with a word that sounds like nasty (nächste) makes me laugh. Is "rülpsenden" rumplestiltskin in German?

Sarah Jessica Parker/ Shrek
Die nächste Rolle von «Sex and the City»-Star Sarah Jessica Parker ist an der Seite eines rülpsenden, stinkenden Monsters.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. I like the juxtaposition. The article says "the next role for 'Sex and the City' star Sarah Jessica Parker is at the side of a belching, stinky monster." But I think you could replace "next" with "nasty" in most roles played by Parker.

I think I might start using "nächste" to mean "nasty," actually: "Ach, deine Mutter ist nächste, Uwe!!"

Sun Jun 11, 05:21:00 PM PDT  
Blogger iconoclasm said...

Did you just say something about my mother?

Do you say it like "nah-shtay"?

Sun Jun 11, 10:11:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I said something about Uwe's mother. But then, I don't know your real name. So I might have, for alls I know.

And it's pronounced "NAYKH-stuh" (rhymes with "bake stuff"... but without the "f" sound at the end).

Mon Jun 12, 10:58:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home