frontpage hit counter

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

George Müller with a fauxhawk


If you take personal spiritual disciplines with Dr. Whitney at Southern Seminary, you'll read a biography of George Müller. If anyone hassles you about your fauxhawk show them that it's ok since George Müller had one.

In his early teens he was a drunkard, gambler, fraud, and thief. He actually did time for fraud before his conversion.

He trusted in God's provision and he was able to accomplish some amazing things. His orphanage cared for, at its peak, 2000 children. He refused to use government money and only accepted unsolicited gifts. The buildings for his orphanages costed over 100,000 pounds sterling in mid 1800's terms which would mean millions today. He never requested financial support or went into debt. His organization is said to have funded the great missionary Hudson Taylor.

At the age of 70 he began foreign evangelism and preached in around 40 countries.

It's pretty hard for me to imagine doing things this way. It just feels irrsponsible. I've always been against churches borrowing a million dollars for their new building but think about raising money for your mission trip without asking anyone! I'm thinking about trying that if I go on another trip.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love George Muller!
His stuff has impacted me in such a deep way, I don’t think I even understand it. I have read most of his books and have been so encouraged by his personal walk with Jesus. He was something special.

I am a musician and GM has inspired many of my songs. I would be honored if you would check out my music on my site. All my music is free for download. Anyway, I just thought that I’d share.

Thanks,
-Sean
________________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
“All my music is free for download.”

Sat Jul 01, 11:42:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home