frontpage hit counter

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

told me so

As I munched yet another pizza hotpocket and continued enjoying the best time of my life, deafened by silence, sitting alone in a guy apartment staring mindlessly into a small box, grasping for some small sense of community by posting comments on the blogs of people I will probably never meet, I saw what is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen.



Cute laughing babies that bear your image in matching outfits , a beautiful southern wife and new mother with a heavy accent (I would place it in Tennesee), in a warm comfortable environment, Dad's funny and has a new gadget. Unforgetable family times made of things that would seem mundane and insignificant but for some reason the whole world is watching this video.

Do you see the contrast? Westminster 139 comes to mind. An undue delay of marriage.

Whether you told yourself you wanted to have your roaring 20's, you were going to be an independent woman, or you deluded yourself into thinking that you were spiritually superior to married people and you were going to accomplish all these great things for God and you were going to give yourself the spiritual gift of temporary celibacy, you have to admit, those babies laughing is a lot cooler than what you are doing tonight. Marriage isn't that bad after all.

9 Comments:

Blogger iconoclasm said...

I didn't want to mess with the mood I had going there but at one point it sounds like a couple lolipop guilds of munchkins laughing simultaneously.

Tue Mar 07, 09:10:00 PM PST  
Blogger sajini said...

hmm.. The thought that comes to my mind are all those dirty diapers that mommy has to change.. Yeah I still think I'm doing something better tonight.. :).. BUt babies are great..(other people's babies)... Where do you find all these videos??

Wed Mar 08, 02:42:00 PM PST  
Blogger iconoclasm said...

Hey saj we don't all live in New York ok! (or should that be "New Yrk")Just what is it you're doing on a frosty tuesday night that is so cool anyway? It doesn't count if it's a family thing either!

Wed Mar 08, 03:20:00 PM PST  
Blogger sajini said...

So I went to an off broadway show.. Got some dinner at a cute moroccon restaruant. We were sitting on pillows and stuff... It wasnt chilly at all. It was in the upper 50's today. Ok.. got to get some sleep. Its way past my bedtime...

Wed Mar 08, 08:14:00 PM PST  
Blogger sajini said...

Hey, did you go tot he indellible grace concert at your shcool? they are great....

Wed Mar 08, 08:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger iconoclasm said...

<begin plug>
Here's the flyer for indelible grace.

They'll be at chapel thursday and the concert is at 7:30pm.
</end plug>

Wed Mar 08, 08:43:00 PM PST  
Blogger sajini said...

umm, thanks for the flyer. Enjoy the concert. the dont come to ny ever... :)

Thu Mar 09, 08:30:00 AM PST  
Blogger iconoclasm said...

It wasn't for you! You have off broadway plays and cute lil morocan restaurants. Ok well maybe it was a little bit just to make you jealous that backwoods Kentucky has something you don't. haha

Thu Mar 09, 12:16:00 PM PST  
Blogger sajini said...

IS that lawful? making me jealous? How can I be jealous when we have third day, david crowder, Bebo norman and caedmon's call coming into town? And I am so not trying to make you jeaoous, my brother!!! :) tata

Thu Mar 09, 01:07:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home